Sports Massage is the term applied to the discipline of using massage therapy for the specific benefit of management, manipulation, rehabilitation and muscle balance of the soft tissues of the body. Studies will enable you to deal competently with acute injuries in major sports, to apply techniques for rehabilitation and to construct exercise schedules.
• Advanced anatomy & physiology
• Range of movement,
• Use of infra-red treatments,
• Passive, active and resistive exercise,
• Postural Analysis,
• Health safety & hygiene
• Client consultation and assessment
• Indications, contra-indications and contra-actions
• Record keeping, aftercare
• Referral procedures for liaising with medical professionals
Entry Requirements – Students must hold a recognised anatomy physiology & massage qualification.
Course Duration - 1 day a week for 6 months